Freitag, 5. Juni 2020

Trump says Drew Brees should not have backed off NO KNEELING! stance – New York Post

Kaepernick stayed on the bench during the 3rd preseason game, but started kneeling during the fourth after consulting with previous NFL gamer and ex-Green Beret Nate Boyer informed him it would reveal more respect to members of the armed force.

“Wouldn’t you enjoy to see among these NFL owners, when someone disrespects our flag, to say, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field right now. Out! He’s fired. He’s fired!'” Trump said in Alabama in 2017.

President Trump on Friday reentered the fray over NFL players opposing police brutality by kneeling during the National Anthem– knocking New Orleans Saints QB Drew Brees for asking forgiveness and demanding there be “NO KNEELING!” throughout the “Star-Spangled Banner.”

Brees stated Wednesday that kneeling during the National Anthem was “disrespecting the flag”– though he soon asked forgiveness after taking heat for his remarks from players, activists and others for making the statement after the death of George Floyd.

Trump’s tweets came as the nation stayed mired in a bitter controversy over race and police brutality following Floyd’s death at the hands of Minneapolis polices, a killing that stimulated extensive protests.

“I’m sorry, and I will do much better, and I will become part of the option. And I am your ally. I understand no words will do that justice, that’s going to have to be [made]”

“I am a huge fan of Drew Brees. I think he’s genuinely among the greatest quarterbacks, but he ought to not have reclaimed his initial position on honoring our magnificent American Flag. OLD GLORY is to be revered, cherished, and flown high,”

Trump tweeted.”We ought to be standing up directly and tall, ideally with a salute, or a hand on heart. There are other things you can object, however not our Great American Flag– NO KNEELING!”

But the quarterback was soon bounced from the league and has actually not played given that– though dozens of other NFL gamers have actually followed his lead and continue to kneel during the anthem.

Trump has been blasting NFL gamers and other athletes for kneeling during the anthem given that then-San Francisco 49ers’ QB Colin Kaepernick began the trend during the 2016 preseason.

“I understand there’s very little that I could say that would make things any much better right now,” Brees said in an

Instagram video.”But I just desire you to see in my eyes how sorry I am for the remarks that I made the other day. I know they harmed many individuals, specifically pals, teammates, former colleagues, loved ones, individuals that I care and appreciate deeply,” he continued.

“I want I would have set out what was on my heart in concerns to the George Floyd murder, Ahmaud Arbery, the years and years of social oppression, police brutality and the requirement for a lot reform and modification in regards to legislation therefore lots of other things to bring equality to our black neighborhoods,” Brees stated, referring to another African-American guy who was eliminated while running by a previous law enforcement authorities in Georgia.

“I am a big fan of Drew Brees. I think he’s truly one of the greatest quarterbacks, but he should not have taken back his original stance on honoring our magnificent American Flag.”But I just desire you to see in my eyes how sorry I am for the remarks that I made yesterday.”Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when someone disrespects our flag, to state, ‘Get that kid of a bitch off the field right now.



from WordPress http://troot.net/trump-says-drew-brees-should-not-have-backed-off-no-kneeling-stance-new-york-post/

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen