Sonntag, 13. Oktober 2019

Carlos Beltran: Ill only manage the Mets – New York Post

” I just feel like living in New York is the right suitable for me,” Beltran stated.

Beltran decreased to talk about his interview with the Mets recently– reported by The Post’s Mike Puma, to name a few– due to his role with the Yankees as an adviser to general manager Brian Cashman. Beltran did make it clear he believes the time is right for him to handle his old team.

” I do not believe you can continue to progress in life if you believe about the past,” Beltran stated.” I’m not scared to ask for feedback from people who have done it before,” Beltran stated.” It’s gon na be a process,” Beltran said.

2 years later on, Beltran insists he’s now prepared for the time he will need to take into the job.

HOUSTON– If Carlos Beltran is handling anywhere next year, it’s going to be with the Mets.

” I feel like I played enough time to have discovered the game and I do feel I have a great deal of things I can contribute to the clubhouse,” Beltran stated on the field at Minute Maid Park before the Yankees dealt with the Astros in Game 2 of the ALCS. “Yes, the experience is not there since I have actually refrained from doing it. I think it’s something that with the chance, I can discover.”

And he likewise said in some cases undesirable dealings with the Mets before his 2011 trade to the Giants are no longer a factor.

” It’s a lot of dedication,” Beltran stated. “I do not think the very first time around I interviewed I was as ready. I didn’t think about spring training. I didn’t talk about [road] journeys. I didn’t speak about dealing with [the media] every day. I believe I’m ready. I’m all set if it happens. If it does not occur, I will continue to stay relevant in the game and work and when another opportunity comes, I will evaluate it.”

Carlos Beltran
< figureid =” attachment_14495194″ class =” wp-caption aligncenter” > < img class =" size-nypost-large-desktop-uncropped wp-image-14495194 lazyload" alt =" Carlos Beltran" width ="

661″ height =” 441″ data-srcset=”https://ift.tt/33u6o7Y 300w, https://ift.tt/2ILZUtd 640w, https://ift.tt/2qdiKDb 1280w, https://ift.tt/2OLXlei 661w, https://ift.tt/2OIdiSH 1322w” data-sizes =” (max-width: 640px) 100vw, 661px” > Carlos Beltran Charles Wenzelberg/New York Post And the success of some other recent rookie supervisors with little to no coaching experience has actually only made Beltran more confident in his own résumé.

Beltran said Sunday he is all-in on the Mets’ job and has rejected interview demands from both the Padres and Cubs.

” Of course,” Beltran stated. “With a good company that every year is gon na put [together] a good team, I think I’m in an excellent position.” It’s something he wasn’t prepared to do after he retired following the 2017 season, and subsequently talked with the Yankees about their open managerial position, which eventually went to Aaron Boone.

” I feel like I played long enough to have actually learned the game and I do feel I have a lot of things I can contribute to the clubhouse,” Beltran stated on the field at Minute Maid Park before the Yankees faced the Astros in Game 2 of the ALCS.” It’s a lot of commitment,” Beltran said.” I don’t believe you can continue to progress in life if you believe about the past,” Beltran stated.” I’m not afraid to ask for feedback from individuals who have done it previously,” Beltran stated.” It’s gon na be a procedure,” Beltran said.



from WordPress https://ift.tt/32dbkhl

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen